Sunday, September 13, 2009

Wet Week Ahead?

Welcome back to the old blog and I hope you are having a wonderful day. Here is a look at your 5 day forecast for London, KY!



Now those of you that know me well, know I don't like slapping percentages on a 5-day. This week I felt like it would be nice to illustrate the days I thought would be the best chances of rain, which in this case are Tuesday-Thursday.

I feel like after a week of the models being lost they're finally getting a hold on what's going on and the solutions they show seem to make sense to me. We're going to show the GFS for illustration purposes.

Monday PM:


Tuesday PM:

Wednesday PM:

Thursday PM:

Friday PM:

As you can see, GFS is wanting to keep it wet for a good long work week. While I don't think we'll see non-stop showers that entire time, you're going to want to pack an umbrella around this week. Here's what the folks at HPC think about the 5 day rainfall totals.


HPC is showing us right around the 2 inch mark for most of southern KY right now. We will want to keep an eye on actual totals to see if high water could become a concern. That's all I have for now. I'm starting training on a new weather system at my tv station this week so posts will probably be short and sporadic, but I will try to at least give a brief update daily. Until next time take care!

No comments: