Thursday, August 28, 2008

And here we go....

To quote the famous line from this summers blockbuster The Dark Knight, ladies and gentlemen Shane's Weather Corner is open for business. I've seen several other weather blogs on the net, I've participated in them, I've participated in forums, but I've never hosted my own. That changes tonight with the start of this blog. I don't know how far it'll go, how many visitors it will see, what kind of changes it will undergo, but I'm here for the ride because the journey is more important than the destination.

So enough philosophical rambling, let's get down to what this blog is about. I want you able to come to this blog and see what I'm forecasting for the greater London, KY area without having to read through a ton of discussion and meteorological jargon. So the first thing I plan to post every post dealing with forecasts is the 5 day forecast. That way if that's all you are here to see, you'll see it, and be able to go back to your business. For those that want a little more than just the meat and potatoes of the forecast, I'll post a discussion of what's going on, and what's to come after the forecast, and I'll try to include some maps and graphics to help further explain what I'm talking about. I'm also going to try to in the future include maps from Google Earth and maybe some video presentations, but that is much farther down the road.

Besides from the current forecast I may also make posts about the big weather events of the day, such as Hurricanes, Severe Weather, Snow, just to keep up with more than just what's going on in our little plot of the earth.

I'm sure this blog will change a bit down the road, I'll tweak the layout and what's posted and the gadgets and stuff, so please bare with me while I fine tune this thing into a fully functional weather blog.

I welcome viewer comments, suggestions and questions. I want this place to become a forum for people with an interest in weather can come together and learn and grow. I hope you enjoy this blog and make it a part of your every day routine. Coming up on Monday I'll have my first 5 day forecast and a look at the tropics.

No comments: