Friday, January 30, 2009

Late Friday Update

No updated 5 day yet, that will come with a post sometime around 7 or 8 tonight. As far as our winter storm goes, my thoughts haven't changed any yet. The models are still showing the storm, they're just not agreeing on the their path. The 0z GFS and it's Ensemble shifted to a coastal type storm. I'm not going to stay up to look at the 0z CMC or Euro, I'll check them out first thing in the morning. I'm putting together a map on where I think the track of this low will go, and here it is.


As you can see, I'm still betting on a storm that runs up the east side of the apps, which would be good for snow for most of KY, especially east of I-75. Tomorrow I will adjust the track on this map, the timing of the low, and add snowfall totals first call! So something to look forward to tomorrow, until then, take care!

BTW, before I go, Possible dusting of snow in London tonight, keep an eye on the radar.

4 comments:

Mike's WKU Weather Blog said...

It still looks like east of the appalachians from what i have been hearing bro.
Keep up the work and good luck forecasting this monster...

Tim said...

hey shane,,,we arent liking the eastward trend with this thing...I just saw where someone said that the HPC liq. was trending back west now...any thoughts on that??

Anonymous said...

all models are now jumping on an east shift. starting to get somewhat depressed. Think I'll chill out from each model run and wait and look at it all Sunday..lol That way if its too far east I won't have stressed myself out..lol.

Anonymous said...

Models continue to push it east. I guess now all we might could hope for would be a 1-3" snowfall glancing blow from the storm..but honestly I don't think we'll even see that(well in Somerset anyway). Even Chris Bailey is jumping off board with this storm for any big threat for KY. Unless we get a Snow towards the end of Feb. or first of March..this winter season is all but over. At this point though..I'm really looking forward to some warmer weather.