Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Winter Storm that Could've been

Well Folks, I've held out as long as I could. I can no longer justify that first call map Meteorolgoically, it just has too much model data going against it. Even if this storm starts shifting back to the west it would have to take one heck of a shift to get it back to where KY see's a decent snow. I think the best chances of any snow this week are East of I-75 and totals will be less than 3 inches across the board. Sorry folks, the models have just gone crazy and the shift they've taken just makes me sick. I know a lot of ya'll want a big snow, and it was looking good, but now it looks horrible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No need for apologies, Shane. There's no way we could have foreseen such a drastic change in the models. I think most here in Kentucky (S-Eastern part, especially) have come to expect little to no snow during the winter. I, for one, will just continue hoping that ONE DAY we will finally get the BIG ONE.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and analysis on this system, as well as the prior one. A million thank you's are in order, too, for explaining everything as well as you do for us amateurs. I believe you will go far in this business! ;)