Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Something I've been working on

Your 5-Day Forecast for London KY:

Wednesday: Showers, and maybe even a Thunderstorm is likely. Winds will be gusty. Low of 44, High of 58.

Thursday: Rain changing to snow. Just after midnight High of 51, Low of 22.

Friday: Mostly Sunny and Cold. Low of 17, High of 34.

Saturday: Rain changing to Snow is possible from a clipper system moving in. Low of 26, High of 37.

Sunday: A few flurries early, otherwise Sunny. Low 0f 17, High of 26.

And now in graphical form:


Long Range Discussion:

Not much to change from yesterday besides the fact that Warm Air Advection looks to work in ahead of our Saturday clipper, which will change it to a little rain to begin with. Sorry for all you snow lovers :(.

Website Talk: So I hope you like the graphical 5-day, it's something I built today messing around in Artweaver. Let me know what you like about it, dislike, etc. Over the next couple of weeks based on your feedback going to change the blog a bit. What I want to do is be able to make some simple maps in Google Earth, with nice labels and legends made in Artweaver to be able to do a quick forecast discussion. And I'll save the more technical stuff for video blogs using model data. I'm also looking at changing the format of the blog to always have updated radar, satellite, and 5-day forecast at the bottom of the page. Also looking into changing the color scheme and layout of the blog to match the graphics I'm making. It's going to be a long drawn out process, but I hope it'll make the blog a bit more appealing to you guys, and make things a bit easier to follow. Feedback is critical for this, so please leave some in the comments section.

Forecast Review: Tuesday: Sunny with increasing clouds later in the day. Low of 21 and a high of 45. Actual: 18/51. Little surprised the high got up to 51, But the clouds didn't build in as fast as I thought they would, and once again I underestimated WAA... need to stop doing that *sigh* .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far so good. It is appealing to the eye. Keep it up!

sassylibrarian said...

I found your blog via Chris Bailey's blog, and I enjoy reading yours as well, even though I live in Lexington. Yours is always clear and well written. I like your new format and the wider layout. Since you were asking for suggestions, you might see about experimenting with different fonts for your letters to see which one is the most readable. I never knew how addictive weather blogs could become during these wintry months, but I'm discovering that to be the case! Thanks for putting so much work into this blog for all us bloggers to enjoy!

Anonymous said...

big changes on the blog... I like it. What is your thoughts on UK Basketball? I say they need to win 4 of 5 to make NCAA tourney.... with that in mind..time for warm weather...tired of cold, gray weather.